Business Development Manager
Due to continued success and growth, we are looking for a Business Development Manager to join our growing business. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to progress their career and join a friendly, motivated, forward-looking company.
This will be an exciting and challenging role to become heavily involved in Cyan’s growth strategy. A passion for technology is essential.
You will be responsible for expanding the scope, growth, and clientele of the company by identifying and creating new business opportunities and generating the maximum amount of profitable sales through the achievement of sales targets.
- Build a strong sales pipeline by attracting new business and building high revenue-generating accounts
- Generate sales to achieve maximum profitability against sales targets
- Follow up on leads in order to qualify prospects, build relationships, and identify opportunities
- Research new sales opportunities within the industries/verticals of existing accounts to identify new potential customers
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager to generate new opportunities, convert inbound leads, and nurture prospects
- Maintain accurate records of all sales activity and prepare regular forecasts to enable effective forward planning and measurement of sales success
- Maintain a solid understanding of company products/services and of partner (eg Microsoft) products/services to ensure that the sales role is carried out as effectively as possible
- Produce monthly sales reports and analysis for presentation to the Senior Management Team
- When required, represent the company at tradeshows, exhibitions, and networking events
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Proven experience in selling technology solutions to key stakeholders
- The ability to effectively manage the full sales life cycle, from qualifying prospects and generating new business opportunities through to closing deals
- Excellent communicator
- Strong organisational skills and can “hit the ground running”
- Excellent time management and planning skills
- Demonstrable business acumen, and ability to understand and interpret customer’s needs
- Demonstrate drive, tenacity, and ambition
- Outstanding networking and new business acquisition skills
- Ability to consistently achieve, or overachieve, sales targets
- A sociable team player that could really fit into the dynamic and close-knit culture of the company
- Competitive basic salary + car allowance + commission (potential for double OTE)
- Contributory pension scheme (3% from the company and 5% from employee after 3 months service)
- Private healthcare insurance (available after 6 months service)
- Death in service life insurance cover of 4 x £ annual salary paid to person of choice (eg spouse)
- Holiday entitlement 30 days (20 x annual leave/8 x bank holiday/1 x Birthday/1 x Christmas (this is additional to Xmas bank holidays) – increasing with length of service
- Free onsite parking at the office
Please complete this form and upload your CV below to apply.